My photo
I am the Momma of 8 children. Seven here on earth and 1 precious little Angel in Heaven. My children range in age from 2 months to 25 years. My 6 year old was born with a laundry list of complex medical conditions. He has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a rare brain malformation, which resulted from a mutation of the PAX-6 gene, bilateral anophthalmia, which means that he was born without any eyes, so he is totally blind. At the age of 2 1/2 months old he had to have a tracheostomy to help aid in his breathing. He is hearing impaired, with normal hearing in his left ear and has profound deafness in his right. At 3 1/2 years he had surgery to have a Mic-Key button placed in his stomach (feeding Tube), which is mainly used to give him his medications. He also has insulin dependant diabetes and wears an insulin pump, which gives him a continuous dose of insulin. Even with his many dis"abilities," including being globally developmentally delayed, he has accomplished more than anyone would have ever believed that he could. Join us in our journey living with a Dis"Abled" child....

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Middle Size Adult

Timmy;s CAP-C case manager stopped by our house earlier this evening for her quarterly visit. Emily came into the house, from visiting grandma, while Timmy;s CAP-C case manager was here. Several times over the past year or so the case manager has brought her son;s retired service dog to our house for Timmy and Emily to play with. The kids really enjoy playing with Sylvia.
 
Emily: Hi! Can you bring your dog over so we can play?
Cse Manager: maybe later after she gets groomed. The last time I had Sylvia groomed, I was sick and your mom and dad says I can't come to play when I'm sick.
 
Emily: You;re not sick now. So can you bring your dog over next time so we can play?
 
Case Manager: I have 2 dogs now.
 
Emily: Can you bring your other dog over too?
 
Case Manager: My new dog is a poodle and she has very curly hair like yours, but her hair is black.
 
Emily: So...
 
Case Manager: My new dog doesn't like kids.
 
Emily: (Puts hands on hips and sighs deeply) I'm not a kid.... I;m a middle size adult!
 
Well I guess that explains why she thinks that it is ok to boss around her 14 year old borther.....

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Kids are so funny! She is clearly a middle sized adult, and NOT a child. How could you think she's a child? LOL :)

I read the post below, you sure have a lot on your plate right now. I hope it calms down soon. The vision issues must be so scary.