My photo
I am the Momma of 8 children. Seven here on earth and 1 precious little Angel in Heaven. My children range in age from 2 months to 25 years. My 6 year old was born with a laundry list of complex medical conditions. He has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a rare brain malformation, which resulted from a mutation of the PAX-6 gene, bilateral anophthalmia, which means that he was born without any eyes, so he is totally blind. At the age of 2 1/2 months old he had to have a tracheostomy to help aid in his breathing. He is hearing impaired, with normal hearing in his left ear and has profound deafness in his right. At 3 1/2 years he had surgery to have a Mic-Key button placed in his stomach (feeding Tube), which is mainly used to give him his medications. He also has insulin dependant diabetes and wears an insulin pump, which gives him a continuous dose of insulin. Even with his many dis"abilities," including being globally developmentally delayed, he has accomplished more than anyone would have ever believed that he could. Join us in our journey living with a Dis"Abled" child....

Monday, April 4, 2011

Look At What I Can Do

I was going to save this wonderful milestone development for Nate's 9 month old update. I'm too excited. Just had to share my excitment and amazement with everyone.


Look at me! This is the first time that Nate has sat up for over a few minutes, without arching and falling backwards. I went through Timmy's toy bin and found some of Timmy's "infant" toys that I thought that Nate might enjoy playing with. This and a light - N - sounds musical piano are his two favs.
Nate can pull himself into the sitting position. He is still having some trouble getting into the sitting position while on the floor without anything to help assist him. He can also pull himself to stand. BUT of course, being I wanted him to do so, so that I could get it on camera, he refused. But pulled himself to stand once the camera had been turned off.


It took only 1 week for Nate to go from speed comando crawling to this.....

I'm a bit jealous. Upon Nate and Floyd's return from Grandma's. Nate has been saying DaDa. I'm looking forward to the day he will actually  recognize that "I" do exist aside from his DaDa.

It's amazing just how far Nate has come in such a short time with meeting his milestones. Some (not all) kiddos who have visual impairments are developmentally delayed. We are blessed to have such a WONDERFUL Physical Therapist working with Nate and Timmy. THANK YOU Kathleen!!!!  With her patience and persistance both of our kids have come a Long way developmentally. And Nate has been able to meet his gross motor milestones thus far right on schedule.

No comments: