My photo
I am the Momma of 8 children. Seven here on earth and 1 precious little Angel in Heaven. My children range in age from 2 months to 25 years. My 6 year old was born with a laundry list of complex medical conditions. He has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a rare brain malformation, which resulted from a mutation of the PAX-6 gene, bilateral anophthalmia, which means that he was born without any eyes, so he is totally blind. At the age of 2 1/2 months old he had to have a tracheostomy to help aid in his breathing. He is hearing impaired, with normal hearing in his left ear and has profound deafness in his right. At 3 1/2 years he had surgery to have a Mic-Key button placed in his stomach (feeding Tube), which is mainly used to give him his medications. He also has insulin dependant diabetes and wears an insulin pump, which gives him a continuous dose of insulin. Even with his many dis"abilities," including being globally developmentally delayed, he has accomplished more than anyone would have ever believed that he could. Join us in our journey living with a Dis"Abled" child....

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just For Fun

Just for Fun and Giggles I took an at Home Gender Prediction Test this morning. The results are 82% accurate. I came across the website and information on the Gender Prediction Testing a couple of weeks ago while reading things of interest online. I actually had forgotten about the Test Kit, until after my ultrasound yesterday. Floyd and I were discussing Boy/Girl names, clothing, baby bedding etc and this made me somehow remember. The reason I had forgotten about the test was because I'm a thrifty spender and penny pincher. Each Gender test cost $35!
Once I mentioned that there was such a test, Floyd just had to run out and buy a test. His curiosity and excitment of the baby's gender gets the best of him with each of my pregnancies.

The results of the Home Gender Test says that we are having a little girl! I'm not going to put all of my faith in these test results. I prefer to wait until my March 1st ultrasound to have the results confirmed. And then still I rather wait until the baby arrives on my due date of August 6th or the end of July when my C-section will most likely be scheduled.

As a mom the gender of the baby isn't what is important. Having a Happy and Healthy baby takes top priority.

If you are pregnant and would like to take the Home Gender test you can find the info at IntelliGender The test can also be purchased at CVS Pharmacy, WalGreens Pharmacy and Target. Have Fun and let me know what your results are.

1 comment:

PrayforNathan.org said...

I had never heard of that gender test! How cool! And I'm sure Timothy will love to have another little sister to play with. Was her heart rate consistent with the test findings?