My photo
I am the Momma of 8 children. Seven here on earth and 1 precious little Angel in Heaven. My children range in age from 2 months to 25 years. My 6 year old was born with a laundry list of complex medical conditions. He has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a rare brain malformation, which resulted from a mutation of the PAX-6 gene, bilateral anophthalmia, which means that he was born without any eyes, so he is totally blind. At the age of 2 1/2 months old he had to have a tracheostomy to help aid in his breathing. He is hearing impaired, with normal hearing in his left ear and has profound deafness in his right. At 3 1/2 years he had surgery to have a Mic-Key button placed in his stomach (feeding Tube), which is mainly used to give him his medications. He also has insulin dependant diabetes and wears an insulin pump, which gives him a continuous dose of insulin. Even with his many dis"abilities," including being globally developmentally delayed, he has accomplished more than anyone would have ever believed that he could. Join us in our journey living with a Dis"Abled" child....

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nesting

Well, I have now entered the nesting phase of my pregnancy. I'm almost 29 weeks. Floyd has told me over and over that I have taken the nesting to extreme this time. What Floyd hasn't realized as of yet I have been using my nesting as a ploy to get the attic and other cubby holes in which we use for storage cleaned up, straightened up and junk that we don't need thrown out. So shhh lets not give away my secret until my nesting phase has passed or until we have finished cleaning out these areas. Not much more to clean. We have been very busy the past few days. A lot of the things that we are clearing out is in good condition. So we have donated the things to the Salvation Army. The hardest part has been giving away things that have a lot of sentimental value. But why keep it stored away when someone else may be able to get some good use from the things.
 
Have you ever heard that Unicorns are a symbol of fertility? This is what I was told almost 9 years ago by the Doc who preformed my tubal reversal surgery. I never realized until the past few days just how many stuffed Unicorns I had. If this is true, I guess it would explain my ease of being able to get pregnant.
 
I had an OB appointment today. Everything is going well thus far with this pregnancy. I have to start taking iron tablets once day because my iron level is on the low side of normal  Yuck!. My OB wants to prevent me from becoming anemic if possible I have gained 2lbs in 2 weeks. Yikes! I have another ultrasound scheduled for Monday, May 24th.
 
Even though at times I do get very depressed being I still am unable to see. I have to admit I'm very excited about being pregnant. And can't wait until the day that I'm finally able to hold our little guy. I>we still haven't been able to agree on a middle name for Nathaniel. I'm not sure why, but I have always found it harder to chose a boys name. Girl names just seem to come easy for me. The list has been narrowed down to the following names so far.
 
Andrew
Joseph
Michael
Ryan
Skylar
Sterling
 
Miss Emily suggest that we name her brother Michael. Michael is Josiah's middle name. Would it be approperate to use the name Michael for Nathaniel's middle name? Or would it make Nathaniel feel as though he was a replacement for the son we lost so soon? A lot to consider here.
.

No comments: