My photo
I am the Momma of 8 children. Seven here on earth and 1 precious little Angel in Heaven. My children range in age from 2 months to 25 years. My 6 year old was born with a laundry list of complex medical conditions. He has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a rare brain malformation, which resulted from a mutation of the PAX-6 gene, bilateral anophthalmia, which means that he was born without any eyes, so he is totally blind. At the age of 2 1/2 months old he had to have a tracheostomy to help aid in his breathing. He is hearing impaired, with normal hearing in his left ear and has profound deafness in his right. At 3 1/2 years he had surgery to have a Mic-Key button placed in his stomach (feeding Tube), which is mainly used to give him his medications. He also has insulin dependant diabetes and wears an insulin pump, which gives him a continuous dose of insulin. Even with his many dis"abilities," including being globally developmentally delayed, he has accomplished more than anyone would have ever believed that he could. Join us in our journey living with a Dis"Abled" child....

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads, stepDads, GrandDads, Dad-In-Laws and to the "special someone" who steps forward to be a Dad to a child who needs one!

"Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad!"
-Author Unknown-

Thank You Dad for always being there.
Showing me just how much you care.
Through the sleepless nights,
when I cannot rest,
But am overcome with giggles,
Which puts your patience to the test.
Throught my illnesses, doctor visits and surgeries,
I can always count on you to be by my side.
The endless hours of therapies,
Feeding me,
Bathing me,
Cuddling and Rocking with me,
Singing silly songs,
And pretneding to be a Big Grizzly Bear,
These simpliest of things show me just how much you care

Teaching me that dispite my disability
it is still okay to laugh.
With your gentle hands you guide me,
Helping me to learn and grow,
Like a caterpillar leaving its caccoon,
My grwoth and maturing is very slow,
But with your patience and understanding,
I'll get there, this I know.

If I had a way to tell you,
These words I would say to you,
Dad you're my bestest friend.
And I LOVE You!

Dad of the Year Award!

I can't say that I know too many Dads who would sit this patiently for over an hour, while their 3 year old daughter practiced her Cosmetology skills on them....
How cute and how sweet is this???

What Makes a Dad
-Aurthor Unknown-

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad!

No comments:

Blog Archive